Choosing a wedding venue that is so steeped in history and character really adds to the ambience of the day, living on through memories and photographs. With Garthmyl Hall being a grade-two listed Georgian country house it simply oozes sophisticated and charm, characters that are evident throughout the entire bulding and the grounds.
The Hall was originally built in 1859 by architect James K Colling for Major-General Gold. Colling was given a free hand when building Garthmyl Hall, using lavish gilding and plasterwork for the ceiling decoration, and ornamental terracotta on the exterior. To ensure that this amazing architecture lived on, the Pugh family who bought Garthmyl Hall in October 2015 began an extensive restoration project inside and out.
The transformation that Garthmyl Hall has undergone over the past few years has been nothing short of miraculous, with the Hall today being one of the most beautifully finished, true to character venues in the country.
A magical moment that happened during the renovation was when builders discovered a letter stuck up one of the chimneys inside the Hall. It turned out to be a letter to Santa from the previous owner when she was a little girl. Below you can see the letter, which later led to the very same girl (Mrs Christine Churchill now aged 84) opening the Hall with Julia Pugh back in 2015.